There are different causes of the condition. One of it certainly is related to working at the computer with the elbows resting on the desk so that the continuous mechanical pressure leads to callus-like thickening. At the same time the skin surface degreases due to the constant friction of clothes. The skin inevitably dehydrates, cracks, becomes chapped and develops whitish-grey spots that stand out against the surrounding skin. Due to the roughness, scales of the thickened skin may come loose.
Apart from a more general approach of using creams containing lipids and water for the care of this skin area, the application of Novrithen® cream is an effective and fast-acting treatment.
- Moisture is added in the form of water.
- Glycerin and urea retain water in the skin.
- Shea butter, triglycerides, ceramides and squalane support the skin barrier.
- Native phosphatidylcholine (cell component) transports linoleic acid into the skin and improves skin elasticity.
- Evening primrose oil with gamma-linolenic acid has anti-inflammatory effects and compensates delta-6-desaturase deficits of the skin.
Novrithen® is applied twice a day (morning and evening). The skin usually starts to return to normal after a few days already.
Dr. Hans Lautenschläger